the high desert model home in process
the roof decking is perforated in order to create sound
absorption characteristics. without any sound absorption,
the concrete, glass, and steel would be too "live" acoustically.
batt insulation is laid in the channels as a sound deadening
material. But first a thin fabric mesh is placed in the channels
to keep the insulation from poking down through the
perforated holes in the decking.
- down the center of the roof we've created an elect...
- the batt insulation comes from the roof decking ma...
- the assembly for sound abosorption looks like this...
- the roof decking is perforated in order to create ...
- the final appearance of the metalic fascia around ...
- the metal fascia pieces are attached to the wood n...
- the finished edge of the roof is a galvalume fasci...
- ▼ January (8)
- ► 2006 (57)